SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – fiberboard production expert
Trespa International B.V. is now seeking an exceptional individual, who as a Senior Development Engineer – fiberboard production expert will be responsible for the conceptual thinking of the future products based on dry-forming process and the management and execution of development projects related to the natural fiber products.
Senior Development Engineer – fiberboard production expert will work both for Trespa in the Netherlands and Arpa Industriale S.p.A. in Italy.
Your role as member of the Technology Department is to implement strategic initiatives and projects, and to identify new product opportunities and performance improvements.
You will often be responsible in a project leader role in technology projects which will vary significantly in content scope, duration and project team size.
Your duties will also include checking and / or approval of engineering documentation like piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID). Moreover, you will be asked to carry out heat transfer calculations on process development and capex projects.
As a person you:
You are driven, self-motivated and determined to set and achieve ambitious targets. You appreciate international challenges and the opportunity to work in different kind of projects, which can be either related to new product development or to continuous improvement topics at the factory.
You have strong problem solving skills and ability to structure and simplify complex problems. To move things forward you are a good communicator with the team, towards senior management and with external stakeholders like suppliers. Collaboration is the natural way of working for you.
We expect you to have:
- Master’s degree from relevant field, e.g. Chemical and Process Engineering, Biomass refining, Engineering Materials Science, Natural Materials Technology or Process Control.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, either from engineering company or relevant corporate function: production or R&D.
- Industry experience from fibreboard production, wood-based composites, continuous pressing process, computer simulation, thermodynamic calculations, product and process innovations.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a hands-on attitude towards work.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or as a project leader.
- Fluent English and other languages like Dutch, German, Italian are considered to be an asset.
The position is independent and challenging. The new Senior Development Engineer will work in Trespa’s international R & D team of highly qualified specialists and he/she will report to R&D Manager. The work is supported by laboratory.
The location of the position will be at the Trespa International offices in Weert, Netherlands, but will involve up to 30 % travel.